CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nostalgic Saturday

,
(May also be called Gumbos "Booking Sunday" as it is the result of his first purchase online - lol)


Whilst it may not seem to be an item of great significance to many, this particular book has a place in my families memories for a couple of reasons.

The one reason that relates to nostalgia is memories of the author and my mother exchanging numerous letters over a period of 2-3 years in the late 60's- early 70's passing on information , then confirming the information ( The author was sourcing info from a lot of others as well)

The other reason that this is special to me is that it gives a detailled history of my ancestors back to their Irish times, but also goes back to the actually Scot origins of this line of my forebears, and I do even get a mention.

It was a self published, limited edition (750 copies, numbered and signed by the author) , and I have had the good fortune to get na copy in very good condition.

2 comments:

pita-woman said...

Cool!
Makes me think of a little restaurant/pub that is here in town called the "Irish Rover, Too".

Indigo-Daisy said...

What a treasure Robert! A gift you can pass down to your children with stories to go with it.